Townsquare Media – Colorado Online Jobs & Employment Opportunities
Business: Townsquare Media (View Website)
Industry: Media – Radio
Office Location: Windsor, CO (View Map)
- Sales Account Executive
- Online Publishing Intern
Start Date: Immediate
Position 1: Sales Account Executive
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: We are currently recruiting for an Account Executive who has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, create relationships with current and potential clients and create great on-going advertising campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. Previous broadcast/digital sales experience a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: A Townsquare Media Account Executive is the primary contact to existing and prospective customers. You will develop business relationships; sell radio advertising, our digital portfolio of products, event sponsorships and sales promotion packages by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and sell radio advertising, digital products, events and promotional programs to existing clients on your account list.
- Develop additional accounts by consistently cold-calling and creating relationships with new advertising customers
- The majority of your time will be spent on the street meeting, inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing.
- Prepares advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets.
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database.
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success
- Investigates and resolves client issues.
Position 2: Promotions Director
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: The promotion director is a “people person” position. Townsquare Media is looking for someone who is energetic, outgoing and well organized, and who has strong computer literacy and solid writing abilities. Because the promotion director oversees a department within our organization, we are looking for someone with supervisory experience. Prior experience working in marketing or promotions within the same or a similar industry is preferred.
JOB SUMMARY: The Promotions Director reports directly to the Operations Manager, but is expected to work directly with both the OM and Director of Sales, and is responsible for working with the programming, sales, and live events departments, by being the driving force behind organizing and coordinating promotional events, arranging on-air contests, increasing the visibility of the station in the community, collecting, organizing and distributing contesting prizes, and coordinating promotional on-air activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maniacal focus on our station’s presence in the community.
- Continuous brainstorming, suggesting and devising of creative ideas for contesting, promotions and events that generate revenue and drive ratings.
- Hire and manage promotions staff and interns.
- Plan, execute and track revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contesting that take place on-air, online and on-site.
- Implement all aspects of on-air contesting. Work with digital team to coordinate online contesting.
- Create client promotions and promotional proposals with OM and DOS.
- Have stations on the street making an impact, whether a paid sales event or if there isn’t a sales event scheduled on a weekend, make a plan to have our stations out doing something every weekend.
- Participate at station promotional events as necessary, including set-up and breakdown of promotional equipment and materials.
- Vehicle maintenance: Make sure the vehicles are always clean, loaded, and ready for the next event. We should always be ready to roll to a last-minute opportunity. Ensure vehicles are properly maintained (oil changes, tire pressure, wiper blades, gasoline, etc.).
- Take ownership of the promotional process and see projects through to the end.
- Plan and execute meaningful promotions meetings. Manage and drive the flow of promotion-related communication. Recap events of the previous week at promo meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate station talent at promotional events.
- Plan out in advance a calendar of large community events, and develop an involvement plan.
- Manage the promotions budget by working with the Business and Market Managers.
Position 3: Online Publishing Intern Job Description
Over the past two years, Townsquare Media has put a very strong emphasis on moving much of our traditional radio business online, which in today’s world is a tremendous opportunity. Locally we publish a great deal of information to our four online properties and we would love to have you join our team for a semester. You will learn about online writing and entertaining in the real world, including practical experience figuring out what specific audiences are interested in reading, optimizing your content for search engines, promoting your unique content, and interacting with an audience through social media. As an intern you will produce content on a weekly basis, working alongside the fun radio personalities that you hear daily on our radio stations. Your content will be displayed online for both a local and national audience. This internship is tailored to your unique interests in terms of writing content in the fastest growing and most relevant outlet for media companies today. While the internship is unpaid, you will be working on the cutting edge of media, gaining skills for the future. The number of hours required for this internship are very flexible and based on your needs.
If you’re a fun, dynamic, creative, proven winner then please fill out the form below to apply for our open positions in the Northern Colorado area.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Townsquare Media has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.