Todd’s Luke Bryan Experience at Dicks Sporting Good Park Friday Night [PICTURES]
Luke Bryan played two sold-out shows in Denver over the weekend. My wife and I were lucky enough to get to see Dustin Lynch, Little Big Town, and Luke play at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City on Friday night. We also had the opportunity to meet Luke Bryan for the 2nd time in my 28-year career at K99. What a great night! It was an amazing show.
Meet-and-greets are an interesting beast. It's cool to meet the artist and get your picture taken with them, but 99% of the time you don't get to "hang out" with them. We were given explicit instructions before we went in:
- No cameras
- No cell phones
- No selfies
- No hugs (I saw one girl break that one.)
- No kisses
- One picture
- One autograph (We usually don't even get that anymore.)
- They will take your picture and it will be on Luke's website.
You line up single file and show your pass, then wait for an hour for your 20 second encounter with Luke. I tried to think hard about what I should say in my half-a-minute. It went something like this:
- Me - "Hi Luke! I'm Todd Harding from K99 Radio and this is my wife, Jenny."
- Luke: "Hey guys, nice to meet you."
- Me - "You Know my buddy Jay Clementi. He was our intern at K99".
- Luke's Manager: "Smile" (click)
- Luke - "Yeah, he's a good guy and he wrote Move."
- Me - "I know. It's going to be his first #1."
- Luke - "Boy, I sure Hope So."
- Luke's Manager - "NEXT!"
- Me - "Oh it will!"
And this was one of the good ones! I know I am spoiled. I know some fans would cut off a finger to meet Luke. Believe me, I know how lucky I am to meet famous country stars, but honestly, I would much rather meet K99 listeners. I'm not kidding. The K99 community and everyone in Northern Colorado has treated Brian and me so kindly over the past 3 decades. I wouldn't trade that for anything.
Jenny took some fun picks from the 7th row at the show. Thanks to Capitol Nashville for an incredible concert.