The Top Fatty Foods List: I’m Never Eating That Again
It’s perfectly acceptable to go to a favorite restaurant and eat your favorite dishes, but what happens when the fat content information is staring you in the face? I used to joke that I didn’t like the Golden Arches putting calorie info on the packaging, saying “duh, we know its not good for us”, but I rarely think about sit down restaurant foods.
As you try to cut calories this year and stay away from fast food in an effort to trim some of the holiday fat, think again when you think you’re eating healthy at a sit down restaurant.
- Johnny Rockets: A classic Americana bacon cheddar double, a white flour bun stuffed with two patties, four pieces of cheese, four strips of bacon and special sauce-Any guesses? 1,770 Calories, 50 Grams of fat and 2,380 miligrams of sodium and you haven’t even ordered fries yet, and you know you will.
- IHOP: Country Fried Steak and Eggs, 8oz piece of fried beef smothered in country gravy and served with 2 eggs, hash browns and 2 buttermilk pancakes… ready? 1,760 Calories, 23 grams of saturated fat, enough sodium for 2 1/2 days and the equivalent of 11 teaspoons of sugar.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy: 18oz Veal Porterhouse-Think veal is healthier than it’s big brother? Think again-take that veal steak and smother it with butter, add the butter and fried red potatoes, minus the salad, dressing, bread, potential appetizer and drinks, the whopping total for just the steak and potatoes is 2,710 Calories, 45 grams of saturated fat and 3,700 milligrams of sodium. Sad to think pigging out on pizza might be better for you.
- The Cheesecake Factory: Bistro Shrimp Pasta, now this I would likely order, knowing it wasn’t fat free, but a healthier choice-HA! Now granted the serving’s are typically huge and I don’t eat the whole thing, but still for this “healthy” dish, it’ll cost you 3,120 Calories, 89 grams of saturated fat and 1,090 milligrams of sodium. This dish has been dubbed the most ‘fattening’ dish on their menu.
- Chilis: A full rack of baby back ribs with bbq sauce just a tiny 1,660 calories, 39 grams of fat and 5,025 milligrams of sodium-by the way, that’s just the ribs, do you still want fries/potato, a sweet tea and dessert?
I could keep going, but I think that the point has been made. Now, yes some of the dishes scream fattening from the menu, but did you realize how fattening? I am a firm believer in moderation, so don’t go without, maybe start sharing-that can be fun too and you still get your favorites. And honestly, I am much happier when I am satisfied then when I am stuffed. (then I order a large popcorn and coca-cola icee at the movies) LOL