The Powerball Jackpot is 400 Million Dollars – Questions Answered, like What Does A Stack of Cash That Big Look Like?
Lottery officials say there was no jackpot winner in Saturday's Powerball drawing. That means the estimated jackpot for Wednesday's drawing has jumped to $400 million or $227.8 million in cash.
WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING?
A person's odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 175 million. That's how many combinations are possible with the game's five white balls and one red ball.
TOP JACKPOTS OF ALL TIME
1. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012:
2. $648 million, Mega Millions, for Dec. 17, 2013
3. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013
4. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012
5. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013