The Jam Band Submission Information
Is your band ready to take your sound to its next level of success? Well, Northern Colorado bands – welcome to The Jam’s Battle of the Bands competition! We’re looking for talented bands (consisting of three or more members, playing their own instruments – no tracks or a cappella groups) in middle school or high schools who are dedicated to their craft, looking for opportunities to perform and break through.
Townsquare Media (TSM) presents a fantastic package of cash and services to help our winning bands organize for maximum success! The top four bands will win:
- First place: $1,000 cash + $5,000 in services
The winner’s launch package (a value of $5,000 in services and support) will include:
- the opportunity to headline at a local venue, of TSMs choosing, based on availability, which will be promoted on-air and online by TSM, for a period of no less than four weeks;
- LIVE interview on 99.9 The Point;
- you’ll be on our list of opening acts under consideration for major concerts/events produced by TSM.
- mentoring session with Morris Beegle, local entertainment industry veteran, former owner/president of Hapi Skratch Records, owner of P&D www.productionanddistribution.com.
- a promotions plan with tools to help your band gain visibility.
- and, other great tools/services to be announced as confirmed.
- Second place: $500 cash + $2,500 in services
- The Second place finishers package (a value of $2,500 in services/support) will include:
- the opportunity to open for The Jam’s headliner at a local venue, of TSMs choosing, based on availability, which will be promoted on-air and online by TSM, for a period of no less than four weeks.
- a promotions plan to help your band gain visibility
- Two Runner’s Up will each receive: $250 cash
Interested bands have until 11:59pm on Sunday, July 7th to complete online entry and submit a link to your YouTube video of your band performing one of your best songs. All entries will be vetted upon entry so we can present the top 25 entries for voting audience consideration.
If your band makes the first cut, you can share your entry link with your friends and family via email, Facebook or Twitter so they can vote for your band from Monday, July 8th at Noon until 11:59pm on Sunday, July 12th MST.
Our winners will be determined by a combination of public voting and our selection committee’s decision at the event.
Those four finalist bands will compete live by performing at set on The Jam’s live band stage on July 14th between Noon and 6pm. Prizes will be awarded based on audience response and the selection of our judging panel.
Make this your band’s breakthrough summer!
- Read the Official Rules of this competition and download a copy for your records HERE.
- Upload your video to YouTube.com
- Complete your registration at K99.com and be sure to include your YouTube video’s address by 11:59pm on Sunday July 7th
- Share the Townsquare Media station website page address with your fans, friends and family via email, Facebook or Twitter to encourage their vote by 11:59pm on Friday, July 12th.
Contact us at NoCoEvents@townsquaremedia.com or call (970) 674-2754