The Great Colorado Pie Fight: D Proclaims Hers Better than Todd’s, My Top 5 [PICTURES]
Hopefully by now, you’ve heard about the Great Colorado Pie Fight, and I couldn’t be more excited. When it comes to pizza, I live by my favorites, Ooey, Gooey, Hot and Fresh!
- Pulcinella– With 2 locations and delivery, you’ll find there is always time for Pulcinellas. My favorite here is the King, but the Cheese and Pepperoni, don’t call me plan Jane, is amazing too!
- Vincent’s Heavenly Pies and Pasta– This is a family favorite and a great spot for date night, especially when you head over to Cinema Savers for a movie afterwards. What do I eat here… my all time favorite, Lots of pepperoni and mushrooms, if I am feeling squirrely, I’ll throw in black olives.
- Old Chicago– What a great place to meet friends and hangout for the game of the day and eat pie! When I am in the mood for an Old Chicago style pizza, I hit Old C’s and order a Chicago Seven (minus sausage/plus jalapenos)
- Cafe Vino– Talk about atmosphere and flavor all rolled up into one, I love it when My James says, “Hey, babe wanna go to Cafe Vino”? And if you ever had a question about wine, they are all so knowledgeable, just ask. Oh and if you’re wondering, my favorite is the Wild Mushroom pizza, topped with fresh spinach and white truffle oil.
- Domenic’s Bistro and Wine Bar– Okay, so I may be cheating here… Vincent’s Heavenly Pies and Pasta and Domenic’s Bistro and Wine Bar are owned by the same people, but each place is a little different in atmosphere with the same quality of food. I love their crust as it’s thin, like I prefer mostly, but then the crust is a beautiful puffy slice of Heaven. (hint: ask for olive oil to dip your crust in, so yummy)
The Great Colorado Pie Fight is coming up this Saturday (beginning at noon) at the Northside Aztlan Community Center in Old Town Fort Collins. Get tickets and taste your way through all of your favorites, you even get to vote.