Take a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Island Grove Park & the Greeley Stampede
It just about Stampede time again. Brian and I are hosting the Big Buckle Ball coming up on Saturday, June 21st and Greeley Stampede gets going on Thursday, June 26th with the PRCA Xtreme Bulls. The Greeley Historic Preservation Commission invites you to a free “behind the scenes” tour of the Greeley Stampede on Monday, June 16th starting at 7:00 p.m. at Island Grove Park in the parking lot south of ProRodeo Arena, N. 14th Avenue and D Street.
Greta Steinmetz, Wrangler, and City of Greeley Museums Curator Peggy Ford Waldo, will lead the tour, with several special guests along the way. The walking tours provide citizens with a chance to hear about and see interesting sites with historical, cultural and architectural significance to Greeley. The 2014 walking tours will be held in various locations around town.
2014 Walking Tour Schedule
- June 16 – Island Grove Park and Greeley Stampede. Starting location: parking lot south of ProRodeo Arena, N. 14th Avenue & D Street, 7 p.m.
- July 7 – Downtown Inside Spaces. Starting location: Lincoln Park sign at 8th Street and 10th Avenue, 7 p.m.
- July 21 – Josephine B. Jones House and Tree Tour. Starting location: Forestry Office, 2631 52nd Avenue, 6:30 p.m.
- August 4 – Civil War Veterans and 19th Century Greeley. Starting location: Lincoln Park sign at 8th Street and 10th Avenue, 6:30 p.m.
- September 15 UNC West Campus. Starting location: S. of University Center, 5:30 p.m. (park in Lot B after 5 p.m. without permit)