Super Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – Brian’s Blog
I love rhubarb. I know it is an odd plant but I love that tart tastiness. This is the time of the year when those little stalks of deliciousness start popping up and I have just the pie for them to nestle into.
One of my favorite summer time treats is strawberry rhubarb pie. I have a quick super easy recipe for this drool inducing delicacy. You will want to call your friends to come over and taste what you have done but will decide not to because that will mean less for you. I recommend having some vanilla ice cream ready to top this. I prefer Blue Bell vanilla but you are on your own there.
Here is all you will need:
Use a 9 inch pie plate and put a ready make crust in the bottom of it.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix 1/3 cup flour, 1 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp orange zest in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut up 2 1/2 cups rhubarb and 2 1/2 cups strawberries and mix them together.
- Spoon half of berries and rhubarb into the pie crust.
- Cover with half of the flour/sugar mixture then repeat.
- Dot the top of the pie fillings with a couple tbsp of butter and cover with other pie crust.
- Slit the crust and brush some milk over the crust to give it a good shine.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes then write me a thank you note.