Stone Soup — Benefits Weld Food Bank One of the Largest Counties in Colorado
Weld County is in the top 3 counties in the state of Colorado and the Weld Food Bank benefits thousands of families, elderly shut-ins and homeless individuals throughout the county.
Friday night I will be emceeing the 12th Annual Stone Soup event at UNC Ballrooms in Greeley, this is the Weld Food Bank’s signature fundraiser. I couldn’t be happier to be a part of this incredible event, when I moved to Colorado nearly 20 years ago, I was out of work and my husband had an injury that kept him for working, we would not have made it through those tough times without the food bank.
This year’s Stone Soup Event for the Weld Food Bank will pay tribute to the Senior Feeding Programs and the Mobile Food Pantry
The Weld Food Bank mobile food pantry is an awesome way to bring food to those who are left without any food or ways to travel to go out and get any assistance. The mobile food pantry provides fresh produce, dairy products, meat, bakery, and dry goods directly to those in need. Find out more about the mobile food pantry and how to get assistance for yourself or someone you know is as simple as following the hyperlink, the highlighted sentence above.
SOME WELD FOOD BANK STATISTICS:
- They distributed 9.1 million pounds of food last year to those in need, from flood victims, to seniors, children and families
- They experienced a 91% increase in preparing meals for Children in the surrounding area
- Issued nearly 24 thousand backpacks, a program designed to alleviate child hunger in Weld County. The backpacks are stuffed with at least one breakfast item, one shelf stable milk, one fruit (usually fruit juice or applesauce), at least one protein packed meal, and 3-4 snack nutritious snacks
- The Weld Food Bank assists about 100 agencies in the area, last year they saved their non-profit agencies $1,362,931
- 1 in 4 children in Weld County are hungry
- 1 in 3 children in Greeley live in poverty
- And here is one of my favorite statistics, for every $1 donated they can provide 6 meals!!!!
Statistics like this would not be possible without you and the many fine sponsors that support the Weld Food Bank every day such as; Noble Energy, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, JBS USA, Trinity Energy Solutions, Walmart Stores, Bonanza Creek Energy, Dana Orthodontics, Landmark Builders, Colorado Oil and Gas Assc, the University of Colorado Health and K99.
I’m excited for Saturday night and the difference we, as a community, can make. If you don’t have a ticket yet make sure you get one today.