State Legislature Passes Pot Regulation Laws
Colorado lawmakers wrapped up their four-month-long session at the state Capitol yesterday, but not before they were able to reach an agreement on how to regulate recreational marijuana. Here are some of the key provisions:
- The bill allows residents to grow up to six plants in their homes, but collectives and co-ops are prohibited
- Pot can only be used in a home. Marijuana clubs or bars aren’t allowed.
- Landlords can prohibit pot like they do smoking
- During the first nine months, only medical marijuana dispensaries will be allowed to sell recreational pot. After that, people could apply for license if they are a Colorado resident and haven’t had a felony in five years.
- Cities are barred from operating shops.