Open House to Discuss if Smoking Ordinance in Fort Collins Should Be Expanded? [POLL]
Does the Fort Collins Smoking Ordinance go too far or not far enough? The City of Fort Collins will host a public open house Thursday, May 22 on possible expansions of the ordinance. The open house will be 5:30-7:30 p.m. at 215 N. Mason Street, Community Room. Additional information about the proposals will be available at the open house along with results pulled from more than 2,100 survey responses. Participants in the open house will also have an opportunity to provide input on the proposals
At a City Council work session, they directed city staff to move forward with exploring five proposals:
- Electronic smoking devices – Proposal to prohibit the use of electronic smoking devices in all places where conventional smoking is prohibited.
- 100 percent hotel/motel rooms – Proposal to increase the current requirement of 75 percent of hotel/motel rooms must be smoke-free to 100 percent.
- Parks, trails, natural areas – Proposal to prohibit smoking in all parks, trails, and natural areas (golf courses would be exempt).
- Public events – Proposal to prohibit smoking at all public events or festivals.
- Old Town/Downtown area – Proposal to make certain areas within the Old Town/Downtown area smoke-free.