Shatterproof Band Spotlight For The Jam’s Battle Of Of Bands In Fort Collins
The Jam is happening this Sunday in Fort Collins and on top of all the fun stuff to do there will be a battle of the bands between our finalists; Just Another Day, Shatterproof, Opaque, and The Gremlins.
Read on to find out what Shatterproof is all about. (And don't forget to get your tickets to come out for the live music this Sunday!)
- Branson Hoog, 19-year-old freshman at the University of Northern Colorado - Vocals and acoustic guitar
- Jeremy Marmor, 18-year-old freshman at Front Range Community College - Lead guitar
- Josh Schoenig, 19-year-old sophomore at Front Range Community College - Bass
- Tj Wessel, 19-year-old sophomore at the University of Colorado - Violin
- Ben Spoliansky, 18-year-old graduate of Rocky Mountain High School - Drums
Shatterproof is a unique medley of sounds mainly under the umbrella of alternative rock. Shatterproof has influences from classical, metal, blues, acoustic and other genres as well.
Each band member has been greatly influenced by different groups in very different genres. One universal inspiration to Shatterproof is local band, Tickle Me Pink. There are also countless others such as The Used, Sleeping with Sirens and I the Mighty.
Our favorite thing about Northern Colorado is all of the opportunities for musicians to display their craft. Not only through venues but the multitude of events in Fort Collins such as FOCOMX, NewWestFest, and Streetmosphere. Not only does it give us an opportunity to play, but also a chance to see other bands perform which makes us much better.