Recipe Rescue: The Surprising Uses of Garlic for Your Health and Beyond
There are few things better than fresh bread toasted with butter and garlic, but garlic has many more surprising uses for your health and beyond.
SURPRISING USES FOR GARLIC:
- Garlic can help with hair loss, infuse it with oil or just crush a clove(s) and massage into your scalp
- End acne with a garlic clove, rub it on a pimple for an effective topical remedy
- Keep the doctor away with garlic, eat it daily to boost your immune system and if you are caught by a cold, steep cloves in hot water, drain and drink
- Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties, try rubbing garlic oil on a Psoriasis break out
- A garlic rich diet could help you lose weight and keep fat away
- Remove a splinter with a slice of garlic, put it on the splinter and wrap with bandage or duct tape
- Soak your feet in a warm bath of crushed garlic water and say goodbye to athlete's foot
- Mosquitoes don't like garlic, hmmm... a little blood sucker doesn't like garlic, could mosquitoes be the original vampires? Rub a mixture of garlic, Vaseline and beeswax on your skin or create a perimeter of garlic cloves when sitting on the patio
- Reduce pain and swelling from a cold sore, put a slice on the infected area
- Keep bug's out of your garden by mixing garlic with mineral oil, water and soap and spray on your plants
Now I guess I know why I love garlic so much and have a come back when my Rochelle and her super sensitive nose says "Did you have garlic last night?"