What is wrong with people?

Some poisoned meatballs were found in a Boulder neighborhood park Monday night. The raw meatballs found contained green chunks of rat poison. As of right now this seems to be an isolated incident, but still be cautious and aware if you take your pet to a park.

Investigators believe that they were left there for dogs to consume. One dog has already been treated for consuming one. If you believe your pet has been poisoned, seek medical attention immediately. Symptoms could take a few days to surface. Symptoms are decreased appetite, difficulty breathing, unexplained bleeding.

If anyone has information that would assist in the investigation, we encourage them to call the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office at (303) 441-4444.