Multiple Closures for I-25 & Highway 392
It seems like the construction has been going on forever, but beginning today (Sunday, March 18), the Colorado Department of Transportation will have multiple lane closures at the Windsor exit. This afternoon from 2 p.m. until 9 p.m., there will be lane closures on eastbound and westbound Highway 392 near the west frontage road west of I-25. There will also be lane closures on all northbound/southbound lanes of I-25 as well as the on- and off-ramps to South Highway 392.
According to a release from CDOT: Expect the following lane closures and detour routes this week, weather permitting:
- Sunday, March 18 from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Mobile lane closures on eastbound and westbound SH 392 near the I-25 intersection to allow striping operations.
- Sunday, March 18 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.: Mobile lane closures on northbound and southbound I-25 at the SH 392, including on- and off-ramps, to allow striping operations.
- Monday, March 19 at 6 a.m.: Southeast section of the Westgate and SH 392 intersection will be closed indefinitely until further notice.
- At the south side of SH 392, northbound and southbound traffic will be detoured to the southbound lanes of Westgate.
- Northbound traffic can use the following detours:
- East on SH 392 to County Road (CR) 5, north on CR 5 to Kechter Drive, then west on Kechter Drive.
- West to Timberline Road, then north to River Pass Road, then east on Kechter Drive.
- Southbound traffic can use the following detours:
- East on Kechter Drive to CR 5, south on CR 5, then west on SH 392.
- West on Kechter Drive to Timberline Road, south on Timberline to SH 392, then east on SH 392.
- Tuesday, March 20 at 6 a.m. through Monday, March 26 at 6 a.m.: The southbound and northbound lanes of the west frontage road will be closed north of SH 392 for approximately one quarter mile for earthwork, concrete pouring, and asphalt paving.
- Wednesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 22 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (if necessary): The right lane of southbound I-25 will be closed from mile marker (MM) 262 to 261 for bridge support work.
This work is part of a $17.5 million project that replaces the SH 392 bridge over I-25 with one that is wider to accommodate two lanes in each direction as well as a left-turn lane in each direction. There will also be a six-foot bike lane and a 6.5-foot sidewalk on each side of the bridge.
CDOT has real-time updates about road conditions in your area. Click on the green cell phone icon in the upper right hand corner of the page, and select the “I-25 & SH 392 Interchange” list under projects. For more information about the Windsor Exit project .