Major Changes Coming to Transfort Bus Service in Fort Collins Today
More changes are coming for bus service in Fort Collins today. Starting today (Monday, May 19th), Transfort will change three new routes, extend service hours and increase frequencies on several routes.
Three routes will no longer be operating, including Route 1 (College Avenue), Route 15 (Downtown – CSU), and Route 17 (Timberline Road).
- Route 10: serves Downtown, City Park and CSU. Service runs Monday – Saturday, every 60 minutes.
- Route 12: serves Horsetooth Road, from Spring Canyon Community Park to Ziegler Road. Service runs Monday – Saturday, every 30 minutes during peak times, and every 60 minutes during evenings.
- Route 20: serves areas between the U.S. Post Office and the South Transit Center in southeast Fort Collins along Harmony, JFK Parkway, Troutman and Boardwalk. Service runs Monday – Saturday, every 60 minutes.
Route Alignment Changes
- Route 5: new service on east Swallow between Lemay and McClelland
- Route 6: new service on west Drake between Taft Hill and Shields
- Route 7: new service on east Drake between Stover and Timberline
- Route 14: new service on east Vine between Frontage road and Timberline
- Route 16: realigned to serve the South Transit Center
- Route 19: new service on Remington between Prospect and Laurel, and realigned to serve the South Transit Center
- Flex Route: realigned to serve the South Transit Center
Extended Evening Hours on Several Routes
- Route 2: serves the CSU campus and West Fort Collins. Last run is at 9:45 p.m.
- Route 6: serves west Fort Collins from the CSU Transit Center to the Foothills Mall. Last run is at 9:45 p.m.
- Route 7: serves CSU campus, Senior Center, Drake Road and Rigden Farm. Last run is at 10:15 p.m.
- Route 8: serves north Fort Collins and Larimer County Department of Human Services. Last run is at 10:22 p.m.
- Route 12: serves Horsetooth Road, from Spring Canyon Park to Ziegler Road. Last run is at 9:47 p.m.
- Route 16: serves Harmony Road from Front Range Community College to Fossil Ridge High School. Last run is at 10:15 p.m.
Increased Frequencies on a Number of Routes
Several routes increase to 30 minute frequencies during peak times:
Routes 7 (Drake), 12 (Horsetooth), and 16 (Harmony).
Routes 1 (College Avenue), 15 (Downtown-CSU) and 17 (Timberline Road) are discontinued. Riders will use MAX instead of Routes 1, MAX or Route 10 instead of and 15, and Routes 16 (Harmony), 12 (Horsetooth), 7 (Drake), and 18 (Prospect) together with the MAX instead of Route 17.
Information about the changes is available at ridetransfort.com, by visiting a Transit Center, or by calling 970.221.6620.