Lowering Your Grocery Bill in a Few Simple Steps
The summer time can increase your grocery bill, but if you follow some of these great tips your groceries will last a bit longer, now if you can just keep the neighbors kids out of your fridge.
SIMPLE STEPS TO LOWER YOUR GROCERY BILL:
- Wrap onions in panty hose and they will last up to 8 months (tie little knots in between each onion and hang in the pantry)
- Like Strawberries but can't eat them all before they start to mold? Give them a 1/10 Vinegar/Water bath, rinse and store-they'll last up to twice as long
- Left over guacamole? Spray it with cooking spray before storing (leaving the pit in the bowl also seems to help it last longer)
- Store apples with potatoes and the potatoes won't sprout
- Wrap plastic wrap around the stem part of a banana bunch and store them separately from other veggies and they will last longer
- Store Mushrooms in a paper sack to keep them from molding from the excess moisture in a the container or plastic wrap
STORE IT IN THE FRIDGE:
STORE IN THE PANTRY OR COOL DRY PLACE:
A few simple steps can lower your grocery bill by helping to maintain the freshness of the stuff you buy.