Loveland’s Teen Battle of the Bands is Taking Applications!
Summer in Loveland wouldn’t be complete without the annual Teen Battle of the Bands and now is the time to get your kids to get their band entered!
Get entry details — inside!
Wednesday, August 15th will be The Loveland Museum/Gallery‘s 13th annual Teen Battle of the Bands!. This is one of Loveland’s coolest events. Let 10 bands of young adults get up on stage and show off their skills – and perhaps launch them into stardom!
It will all take place at Loveland’s Foote Lagoon by the civic center. That is a great stage- in the middle of the lagoon! From 3p- 9pm that day, the ten selected bands will be judged by a panel of both students and adults.
From The Loveland/Museum Gallery:
Bands will be judged on efficiency to follow time guidelines for sets and set transitions, skill, performance, stage presence and more.
Not only will the bands get the exposure by performing at the free event August 15th, but previous Teen Battle of the Bands winners have received recording time, music lesson, CD duplication, cash and MORE! PLUS- the bands that come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year will be invited to play at the 2012 Corn Roast Festival!
Just a few rules you need to know before you grab your gear:
- Band members MUST be under the age of 20 at the time of the competition.
- Entries must be submitted by July 1st to be considered.
- Band will be selected on a first come basis- once the 10 bands are selected other bands will go on a wait list.
- Each band will have 20 minutes to perform.
- All judgments will be made by an independent student / adult panel and their decision will be final.
I found this video of a band (Colonel Mustard & The Clueless) that played last year…
If I was 18, had a band, and the $25 entry fee….. I would DEFINITELY be in!
To get more information and the application– visit The Loveland Museum/Gallery’s website!