Loveland’s Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival Starts Tonight
My eyes are itchy and watery, the nights are getting cooler, and I have this strange craving to eat sweet corn all the time, it must be time for the Corn Roast Festival! 2012 marks the 30th year that the Loveland Chamber of Commerce has organized this longtime community festival, and it also looks to be one of the most entertaining on the books. Come join us in Downtown Loveland tonight (8/24/12) and tomorrow (8/25/12) for Loveland's Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival.
This years version of the festival kicks off tonight with entertainment, roasted and boiled corn for sale, live music and Loveland's Got Talent Contest, beer garden, corn shucking contest, corn eating contest, parade and more. Our Dave Jensen will also be doing a live broadcast at Fairgrounds Park tonight from 5 until 7. Live music from headliners, Retro, will surly get you dancing tonight.
Saturday's events will feature the annual parade, live music all day including the headliners Saturday night, The Country Music Project, the corn eating contest, the Rotary Rubber Duck Race, and many more corn related activities.
Friday, August 24
Roasted corn ONLY for sale
- 5 p.m. 2012 Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival Kick-off
- 5:30 p.m. Corn Shucking Contest
- 8 – 10 p.m. Free Concert – RETRO – 80’s Tribute Band (Main Stage)
- 5 – 10 p.m. Beer Garden
- 5 – 10 p.m. Food, Vendors, Amusements & Roasted Corn
Saturday, August 25
Roasted and boiled corn for sale
- 9:30 a.m. Parade (Railroad to 6th to Cleveland)
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Vendors & Amusements (some vendors open until 9 p.m.)
- 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Food Vendors & Roasted/Boiled Corn
- 11 – 11:30 a.m. Loveland HS Band (Main Stage)
- Noon – 1:30 p.m. Loveland’s Got Talent Finals (Main Stage)
- 1:30 – 3 p.m. Various Community Performers
- 3 – 4 p.m. Corn Eating Contest
- 4 p.m. Rotary Rubber Duck Race
- 4 – 5:30 p.m. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Battle of the Bands winners perform (main stage)
- 6 – 7:30 p.m. Live music – Amplified Souls (Main Stage)
- 8 – 10 p.m. Free Concert – The Country Music Project (Main Stage)