Laporte & Whitcomb in Fort Collins Closed For Three Months
The intersection of Laporte & Whitcomb in Fort Collins will be closed for the next 3 months for bridge reconstruction. Starting Tuesday, March 20th, all traffic will be detoured around the intersection, which will be closed until June 15th.
Crews will be reconstructing a structurally deficient bridge that crosses under the intersection. During reconstruction, activities will occur both within and adjacent to the intersection. Once complete, the new structure will be able to safely support the wide variety of vehicles that utilize Laporte Avenue.
- New underground structure – 278 feet of 2.5’ x 18’ concrete box culvert
- Laporte Avenue – 1,098 square yards of new concrete pavement
- Whitcomb Street – 375 tons of new asphalt pavement
- Reconstructed curb and gutter
- Creation of new concrete sidewalk to extend 100 feet along Whitcomb on the southeast corner of the intersection
For the latest information on construction and road closures around town, visit fcgov.com/fctrip.