It’s Tournament Time For CSU, UNC, & CU
It's tournament time for college basketball. The Mountain West, Big Sky, and Pac 12 tournaments are all being held this week. The CSU Rams men's team and the CU men are both considered bubble teams for making the Big Dance, so they both need to win at least a game or two or three in their conference tournaments.
- CSU's basketball coach Tim Miles was named the Region VIII men's basketball coach of the year Tuesday by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association, and Rams guard Wes Eikmeier was named to the 10-man all-region team. Miles led CSU to a 19-10 record this season while playing a schedule rated as the fourth-most difficult in the nation by the NCAA. CSU was a perfect 13-0 at home in the Mountain West this season. CSU will start tournament play tomorrow afternoon in Las Vegas against TCU. The game will be at 3:30 p.m. on the Mountain.
- The CSU women play Boise State tonight in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament in Las Vegas. The game is at 9:35 tonight and will be televised by The Mountain.
- The UNC Bears women's basketball team is the #2 seed in the Big Sky Tournament in Pocatello, Idaho. That means they have a 1st round bye. The Bears won't play until Friday, March 9th. Their opponent will be determined after the 1st round is played.
- After winning the Big Sky last year and making it to the Big Dance, this year the UNC men did not qualify for the Big Sky Tournament.
- The CU Buffs men's basketball team plays Utah tonight in the 1st round of the Pac 12 Tournament in Los Angeles. The game is at 9:40 p.m. on Fox Sports Net.
- The CU Women play also play Utah in the 1st round tonight.