It’s A Black Monday For Many Key NFL Coaches And GM’s
It was a gloomy dark Monday for a lot of key personnel and coaches in the NFL today. To say it will be a merry go round of where they will land is a gross understatement. Take a peek on who is on the hunt for a new gig.
- The Chicago Bears fired Lovie Smith; one of the more well-respected head coaches in the league.
- It was so cold (hearted) in Kansas City, Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel was dismissed after just one disappointing and tragic season as full-time head coach.
- After three seasons with the Buffalo Bills, head coach Chan Gailey was fired. Might be a good call here.
- The Arizona Cardinals came to their senses and cleaned house by canning both their GM Rod Graves and more importantly, head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
- Woody Johnson has had enough of the punch lines and announced the New York Jets would start by firing GM Mike Tannenbaum. Is Rex still safe?
- The Jacksonville Jaguars fired Gene Smith after four seasons
- The Philadelphia Eagles officially kicked Andy Reid to the curb after he gave 14 great years to the club.
- Cleveland Browns GM Tom Heckert and head coach Pat Shurmur were also fired Monday.
Good luck gentlemen in your next quest and we'll hope the colors look good and the uniform fits.