If You See Smoke North & West Of Fort Collins They Are Likely Burning Slash Piles
Firefighters are burning slash piles North and West of Fort Collins throughout the week as conditions allow starting today. So, if you see smoke, that’s probably what you are seeing. No need to call 911.
Burning could take place at one or more of these locations:
• Red Feather 1, south and east of Red Feather Lakes
• Crystal 4 and West Beaver, near Crystal Lakes Subdivision
• Estes Valley 5, near Johnny Park Road
• Thompson River 2, southeast of Estes Park across Highway 36 from Hermit Park
• Seven Mile, located southwest of Red Feather Lakes
• Trout/McGrevey, located in northern Larimer County in the Sheep Creek area
Conditions are evaluated each day of the burn to determine if ignition will take place. Wind, fuel moisture, staffing and snow cover all play a factor in where and whether ignition occurs.
Check the recorded information line at 970-498-1030 for the latest information.