If The Thought of Dusting Has You Faking a Headache These Dusting Tips Are For You
Dusting is a chore that makes me want to buy new furniture, like laundry makes me want to buy new socks. So in an effort to figure out a better way I found some great tips.
- Fabric Softener Sheets: because they are antistatic they will help dust now AND keep dust down (money saving tip, you can dust with them after you have used them in the dryer)
- Furniture Dusting Spray: Works well to dust, but also is a good way to clean ceiling fans and artificial flowers and plants. Saturate a sponge with the spray and wipe the leaves. Coating the blades of your ceiling fan and buffing the spray off will also help reduce dust build up
- Liquid Fabric Softener: Don't let running out of the "furniture spray" stop you from getting the job done, dilute 1/2 cup of softener with 2 cups of water and put into a spray bottle to dust glass tops and more
- Clean Paint Brush: This is a great tool to clean blinds, hard to get to areas and air vents
- Tennis Ball: This is not so much a 'dusting' tip, it's more of a pesky cob wed removal tip, but we do have to deal with them when dusting... wrap a tennis ball with a dryer sheet and secure with rubber band(s), now throw the ball into the corners with webs. (action tip: make sure the kids aren't home when you do this, will kind of blow the whole don't throw the ball in the house rule)