How to Master Meat this Memorial Day Weekend!
It's really not that difficult to make a perfect steak on the grill... step inside and I'll show you how.
A couple of things to remember will have you enjoying a perfect steak every time:
- Start with a room temperature piece of meat
- Season both sides with your favorite seasoning blend before grilling
- Pre-heat the grill to a HIGH, yes, I said HIGH
- Sear your meat, that's right-sear the steak(s) on each side-3 minutes each side, then turn the grill down to medium, cook another 3 minutes each side
- Get an instant read thermometer-this is the easiest way to get it right without having to remember the firmness of your palm (experienced chefs can tell the doneness of a steak by comparing the firmness to different parts of your palm)
- Rare is around 115... Medium-Rare 120... Medium-Well 135... and that's as far as I go... :P Cook it anymore and you might as well be eating jerky or save your money and buy hot dogs
- These beauties now need to rest... remove them from the grill and let sit for 3-5 or longer if really thick