How Many Peanuts Are In A Jar Of Peanut Butter?
November is Peanut Butter Lover’s Month. We here at the radio station love our peanut butter and we all keep our own jars of it here. Judging from the jars in the studio we are creamy people but there are many varieties to choose from these day from chocolate to raw. Making peanut butter is a $6.8 billion a year business in the U.S.
According to peanut-butter.org there are some things we may not know about peanut butter.
- It takes 850 peanuts to make an 18 oz jar
- Presidents Carter and Jefferson were peanut farmers
- Peanuts are actually legumes,not nuts and grow underground
- An acre of peanuts will make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches
- The 700 million pounds of peanut butter Americans eat every year would cover the floor of the Grand Canyon
- The West Coast prefer chunky while the East Coast likes creamy
- Peanut butter can be transformed into a diamond with the right pressure and temperature
- 96% put the peanut butter on before the jelly…4% are freaks
Hungry for a peanut butter sandwich now? Check out what Charley Barnes does with his peanut butter here…weird dude.