High Park Fire: Losing Everything But Hope [VIDEO]
I first talked about the High Park Fire Saturday morning during my weekend shift... I announced that it was between 40 and 50 acres. Today, I'm announcing that it is closing in on 47 thousand acres and counting.
The picture above of Old Town Fort Collins, was taken yesterday afternoon.
A friend of mine shared this video and I cried. Everything that this fire has done to me is represented in this video. Every emotion... every thought... every fear.
I can't send out enough prayers and positive thoughts to the families, the fire fighters and their families, the children and our land.
from the larimer county sheriff's office:
- The High Park Fire is at 46,600 acres burned
- It is contained 10+ acres
- Colorado-Wyoming National Guard are providing 50 military police to guard the road blocks
- Top non-fire priorities today include home assessment and evacuation area evaluation
- There will be a citizen briefing at the Ranch at 3 with a list of damaged structures
- There was positive advancements yesterday in protecting structures in the Laurence Creek area and keeping the fire from crossing the Poudre River
- The majority of the east side of the fire is contained.
- There is some containment in the Highway 14/CR 29C area
- Reinforcing existing lines will be key today
- Shoreline Drive area
- Bellvue area from County Road 27E to the east
- These residents will be allowed back into their homes after the citizens briefing today at 3pm (at the Ranch-Loveland)
- NOTE: Be advised that you will not be allowed back into the area without proper credentials