Give Blood… the Gift of LIfe: Bloodmobile Change for Windsor
The NCMC Blood Mobile has had to cancel today's Windsor stop.
Although the NCMC Bloodmobile will NOT be in Windsor today (it had been scheduled to be in town from 2p-4p) There is always an opportunity and a reason to Give Blood... the Gift of Life!
GIVING BLOOD IS GOOD FOR YOU:
- Helps prevent heart disease
- Endorphins increase when you do a good deed and this is good for you
- It lowers the iron build up in your blood
- You lose a pound when you donate a pint
- Your body makes newer blood cells to replace the ones that you donated (newer blood cells are more flexible and flow better throughout your body
- And its like getting a mini check up as they have to test your blood to make sure that it/you are not sick
REASONS TO GIVE BLOOD:
- Someone in the US needs blood every three seconds
- Trauma victims can go through several pints of blood an hour
- If eligible blood donors would donate blood every 4-6 months there would likely be no blood shortage, yet today there is.
- “The Greatest Generation” viewed donating blood as a Patriotic duty
- 60% of the American population will need blood at some point in their life (less than 5% donates)