Garden Club — Why Plant Cauliflower?
Last week we talked about what you could start planting in your garden, now if you've been thinking about cauliflower and if you should plant it, here's why you should.
WHY PLANT CAULIFLOWER:
- It's one of the least menacing plants in the garden producing only one head per plant, so if your space is limited, plant cauliflower
- Cauliflower is packed full of nutrients including the ever important Omega- 3 fatty acids and Vitamin K (some claim Vitamin K is an anti-cancer agent)
- It is an antioxidant!
- It is a buddy to the liver increasing the liver's function by helping to detox the body
- Cauliflower can help fight chronic inflammation that leads to things like arthritis, obesity and amongst others, inflammatory bowel disease.
- Digestive help, it has shown to a protective effect on the stomach lining
- Because of cauliflowers ability to be an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant it can also help keep a healthy heart.
Now get planting that cauliflower! :)