Fort Collins One of Milken Institute’s Best-Performing Cities
The 2017 Milken Institute Best-Performing Cities Index ranks U.S. metropolitan areas by how well they are creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. The components include job, wage and salary, and technology growth. In most years, these give a good indication of the underlying structural performance of regional economics.
Here are the top 10 cities:
1. Provo-Orem, Utah
2. Raleigh, N.C.
3. Dallas/Plano/Irving, Texas
4. San Francisco/Redwood City, Calif.
5. Fort Collins
6. North Port/Sarasota/Bradenton, Fla.
7. Orlando/Kissimmee/Sanford, Fla.
8. Nashville/Davidson/Murfreesboro/Franklin, Tenn
9. Austin/Round Rock, Texas
10. Salt Lake City, Utah