Patrick Love, Poudre Fire Authority

Most fires can be prevented, like the house fire in Fort Collins over the weekend. Poudre Fire Authority quickly extinguished the fire in the 3800 block of Platte Drive in Fort Collins on Sunday.

The fire  had burned into the attic from the fence and outside of the home.

Poudre Fire authorities say the blaze was started by ashes from a cooking unit that were not properly disposed of.  Nobody was injured in the fire.

PFA reminds everyone to please properly discard coals or ashes by placing them outside and away from combustibles in a metal container with water. Then wait at least a week before disposing in regular trash after they have been checked again.

[Poudre Fire Authority]

 

Patrick Love, Poudre Fire Authority