Fort Collins: Expect Some Traffic Delays This Week
Road construction season is in full swing and this weekend the intersection of Drake & Shields will be closed on Sunday July 1st in Fort Collins.
According to the City of Fort Collins, the construction will affect traffic in different ways over the next two weeks, with this Sunday, and next Saturday and Sunday being the worst as the intersection will be CLOSED on those days.
Here is the schedule for the road work:
- July 1: Drake Road and Shields Street intersection CLOSED for milling. (Detour routes include Taft Hill Road, Horsetooth Road, Prospect Road and College Avenue.)
- July 2-3: Paving Drake Road, Meadowlark to Shields; traffic reduced to one lane in each direction..
- July 4-6: Operations pause; all lanes open to traffic.
- July 7-8: Drake Road and Shields Street intersection CLOSED for paving. (Detour routes include Taft Hill Road, Horsetooth Road, Prospect Road and College Avenue.)
- July 9-10: Paving Drake Road, Shields Street to Dunbar Avenue; traffic reduce
And on top of that, Ziegler Road will be undergoing a milling and paving project of its own with these road closures scheduled:
- July 2: Northbound Ziegler Road CLOSED; Kechter Road to Harmony Road (milling and paving)
- July 3: Southbound Ziegler Road CLOSED; Harmony Road to Kechter Road (milling and paving)
- July 5-6: Lane closures on Ziegler Road; Kechter Road to Harmony Road (milling and paving)
Also in the coming weeks:
- Construction on Trilby Road will cause it to be closed from College Avenue to Portner Drive from July 9th to 31st.
- And Mason Street will have partial and complete closures going on from July 16th-August.
Hooray for detours!