Five Comical Ways to Beat the Insane Inflatable 5K Course — Coming to Loveland May 23
Yes, there are comical ways to beat the Insane Inflatable 5K course in Loveland coming up May 23. Keep an open mind and let's explore the possibilities of winning this thing!
FIVE PLUS NEW OBSTACLES AND FIVE WAYS TO BEAT THE INSANE INFLATABLE 5K COURSE
- Tangled Up! This course can be easily won and quickly with just a little planning before the event on May 23, 2015 at the Ranch. Tangled Up is just like it sounds, a pretty unique obstacle course, like a mouse in a maze. The best way to prepare for this obstacle is to have your spouse, kid or postman pin yarn or string from the ceiling to the floor in odd patterns in your living room (do not rearrange the furniture for this), blindfold you and spin you five times. Now practice this until you can get from one side of the room to the other without cussing, injuring the cat or being sent to the emergency room and you should do well with Tangled Up!
- Pure Misery! No, this isn't a simulation of a night with the in-laws, it's a giant inflatable obstacle that is gonna make you huff and puff a little. Remember watching the military movies and saying when they had the scenes from boot camp, 'oh heck, I could do that'-- well, now is your chance to prove it. Really the only thing that you need to do to prepare for this is to do 900 squats a day followed by a 3 mile run (with a 10 minute mile max) and then carry two baskets of laundry up and down the stairs to the basement and back up to the bedrooms (if you don't have this type of floor plan visit your neighbors house). Start this tonight and every day through the end of the month and this beast might not put you out of the race.
- Jump Around! This is so easy peasy, the course bathroom attendant must have dreamed this one up. It's really just a bouncing on the bed kind of deal, but it's more like jumping on a bed of jello. Maybe a trip to the kiddie park will help.
- S.O.S.! There may not be any hope to get through this obstacle. It is pretty intense but take a deep breath and you'll likely come out on the other side (of the moon). This obstacle is like something out of a science-fiction film. This obstacle will test your navigational skills. If you drive in heavy traffic regularly you may just have what it takes. Navigate yourself through three slides at two and a half stories tall and you'll come out the winner, although the winner of what year will be up to you.
- Wrecking Balls! Nope, not just a song by Eric Church, this obstacle is going to be a little tough. Wrecking Balls will definitely test your ability to push back, and maybe that is a good thing. The balls will try and push you down and make you give up, but this is when you have to push back as you try to stabilize yourself on this wavy obstacle course. The best plan to prepare for this course is to recall your experiences at any fair, concert or amusement park you have been to. The crowds crushing you and crowding you as you tried to get a hotdog for your son, who wouldn't stop crying because he wouldn't eat his breakfast and now he is starving while you're trapped in a mob of people and you're just about to wig out... That is pretty much what this obstacle will bring back to your memory and it's the skills you used to conquer that that will help you become the victor of Wrecking Balls!
The Insane Inflatable 5K hits Loveland May 23, 2015 at the Ranch complex.