Pink Up The Pace! October 6th & 7th in Loveland at The Promenade Shops at Centerra!
Walk – n – Shop to raise awareness and funds to fight Breast Cancer!
Join TRI-102.5 and The Promenade Shops at Centerra for Pink up the Pace! a walk – n – shop to create Breast Cancer awareness, inspire, and honor our local Survivors.
Show your support Saturday, October 6th – Sunday, October 7th and make at least a $10 to be entered to win a $500 shopping spree at The Promenade Shops at Centerra! You will also receive a goody bag with discounts and offers from participating stores at The Promenade Shops!
All funds raised, will support the local McKee Medical Center Foundation and their Tough Enough to Wear Pink Fund.
Tough Enough to Wear Pink Info
- Since inception (Spring 2010) we have helped 63 women.
- Grant dollars used to date: $12,437.46
- Services provided under the grant: screening mammograms, diagnostic mammograms and ultrasounds, diagnostic breast biopsies, breast biopsy pathology, lymphedema sleeves, wound care after breast surgery
- Referrals for the grant come from the Loveland Community Health Center for uninsured and underinsured women to access screenings and diagnostics.
- Many women have delayed their screenings and diagnostics due to financial worries. Sixteen of the 63 women had suspicious findings on screenings and needed further testing. Happily, none of these were diagnosed with cancer.
- Referrals for lymphedema sleeves come from McKee physical therapists who work with women who have painful arm swelling due to breast surgery, lymph node removal, and radiation treatments.
- Women needing financial help to obtain the lymphedema sleeves are low income with Medicare insurance which does not pay for these supplies.
- The sleeves reduce swelling and pain and enable the women to be more
- As more and more state and grant programs reduce funding for breast services and then as more patients delay screenings and treatment, being able to help patients access care through the Tough Enough to Wear Pink funds is truly a gift for our community members.