Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest
What: Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest 2012
When: August 10-12 (“Fort Collins Friday” concert areas only on Friday, August 10)
Wh ere: Downtown Fort Collins, Colorado
Info: www.DowntownFortCollins.com or 970-484-6500
- “Fort Collins Friday”- Kick-off Concerts: 5:00-10:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am- 10:00pm (Headliner: Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas)
- Sunday 10:00am- 7:00pm (Headliner: Gipsy King)
- Info & Ticket Booths Three Info Booths are located at Walnut St/ Linden St., Mountain Ave/Mathews Street; and at Oak/Mathews St. with guides, sunscreen, bug spray and to report any Lost and Found items. Food/Beverage/Carnival Ticket Tents are also located at each Info Booth with one additional sales location at Olive St/Mathews St. near the carnival. (NO tickets are needed for any entertainment/music shows – these are FREE!)
- Stages: Visit the eight entertainment stages with 120+ free performances throughout the weekend. The stages are: Mountain Ave Stage; Old Town Square Stage; Library Park Stage; Linden Street Stage; Singer-Songwriters Stage (on Oak St just east of Remington St); Kids’ Music Adventure Stage (In the old Fort Collins Museum Courtyard); Kids’ World Stage (In Library Park); and the Dance Showcase Stage (Located on Remington St. just south of Mountain Ave.).
- Parking: Available at both parking garages (Old Town Parking Structure and Civic Center Parking Garage) and along the surrounding Downtown streets.
- Bike Parking Bikes are encouraged with lots of bike parking located at entrances to the festival. Event parking within this structure is only $5 all day Saturday and free on Sunday. Bike parking is available at 3 locations: SE corner of Library Park, Walnut St./Linden St. and Remington St. south of the Dance Stage
- First Aid Stations will be located at the SE corner of Mountain Avenue/Mathews St. and at west end of Library Park on Mathews St.
- Kids’ World: A lively kids’ area for families, including pony rides, a petting zoo, inflatable slide, an obstacle course, a carnival, a Kids’ World performance stage and Kids’ Music Adventure with hands-on music and stage performances.
- Kids’ Music Adventure is a FREE event for families and geared toward children ages 12 and under. KMA features for 2012 include the Expanded Paparazzi Tent Experience, music workshops, Little Shop of Physics (Saturday only), Discovery Science Center, Little Kids Rock, Philomusica, Boys and Girls Clubs of Larimer County, Dr. Noize, and bands performing throughout the weekend.
- Beer Gardens: Located near all major areas of the festival including Library Park Area and the Mountain Ave. Main Stage Area.
- NO PETS allowed on festival grounds except service dogs.
- NO CHAIRS are allowed within concert areas due to space and safety considerations. We encourage people to leave them at home.
- Sidewalk Closures: Please note that on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 5:00pm the sidewalks on Mountain Ave. between Mathews and Peterson will be closed to foot traffic (except for ADA access) for safety reasons. After 5:00pm the ONLY entrance into the Mountain Avenue Stage Area will be at the Mountain Ave. and Mathews St. intersection. Once inside the Mountain Avenue Stage area, festivalgoers must exit to the west and re-enter at Mountain and Mathews.
- The Mountain Avenue Stage will have three large LED video screens to help showcase all the main stage action! Two screens will flank the stage and the third will be out front, behind the sound booth. Festivalgoers can feel like they’re in the front row almost anywhere along Mountain Avenue.
- FREE WATER stations will be located throughout the festival. Fill up your water bottle and stay hydrated! Provided by The City of Fort Collins, Bohemian Nights, LLC and the Downtown Fort Collins Business Association.
NEW at this year’s Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest:
- Fort Collins Friday: Bohemian Nights is featuring an expanded lineup of nine Fort Collins bands across three stages on Friday night. All nine bands call the Fort Collins area home. Performances begin at 5:00 p.m. leading up to the performance by Michael Franti and Spearhead. Friday night all festival beer gardens, Downtown Oasis and food vendors will be operating.
- Food/Beverage/Carnival Tickets: are coming to this year’s festival. These are good for all food, beverage and carnival and inflatable rides. NO tickets are needed for any entertainment/music shows – these are FREE! Tickets are sold at four booths located at the intersections of Oak St./Mathews St., Mountain Ave/Mathews St., Linden St./Walnut St. and Olive St./Mathews St. for the carnival area. Tickets are not refundable and have no cash value.
- Video Simulcasts locations: As an alternative to the Mountain Stage, Friday’s Michael Franti & Spearhead performance will be video simulcast on screens at the Linden Street Stage and Library Park Stage. Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas will be video simulcast on Saturday at the Library Park Stage. The Gipsy Kings performance is not being simulcast.
- Mobile App: Download the Bohemian Nights mobile app to see the full schedule, official map, band bios and more. The app is compatible with iPhone and Android and can be downloaded from BohemianNights.org/mobile or from the iPhone App Store and Google Play.
- Downtown Oasis Area: located on Walnut St, this area offers downtown restaurants, a huge shade tent with tables and chairs, Wilbur’s wine tasting tent and the Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant’s onsite “Rio Patio” with legendary margaritas and relaxing patio “Rio” style!
- Music Merchandise: Tents are located at each stage and will operate during all concerts. Purchase CDs and merchandise from your favorite bands! Receive a free water bottle with the purchase of any Colorado band merchandise. One per person, while supplies last.
- The Singer-Songwriters Stage has moved this year to Oak Street just east of Remington St. There will be performances throughout the weekend by Fort Collins and Colorado musicians. This stage offers a tented area to creating a shady haven from the heat and great original Colorado music.
- Regional Artists and Artisans will be selling their unique creations at the booths located on Oak St. between the Singer-Songwriters Stage and Library Park.
- The Dance Showcase Stage has moved too! Newly located at Remington St. and Mountain Ave. this stage hosts nearly 20 dance groups performing a wide variety of dance styles under a large shade tent with seating available.
- Pony Rides and Petting Zoo have moved to a shady spot on Mathews St, near Olive Street and the carnival area.
- Ask Us About Local Music: Members of the Fort Collins Musicians Association will be located at Linden St. and Walnut St. to answer questions and offer suggestions about which acts to catch at Bohemian Nights based on music preferences.
All details, maps, performance lineups at www.DowntownFortCollins.com
Music schedules and Band Bios available at www.BohemianNights.org