Downed Power Line Suspected in Fire near Boulder
A small grass fire northwest of Boulder burned only a half acre, but forced many residents to evacuate their homes. The fire was in the 7900 block of Olde Stage Road.It started around 7:30pm yesterday evening. Concerns over high winds had authorities going door-to-door asking residents in the area to evacuate as a precaution. No structures were lost in fire. Crews had the fire under control later in the evening. A downed power line may have sparked the blaze.
The Boulder Daily Camera has more of this story.