Do You Know a Health Hero? Nominate Them For The Joseph Jabaily Public Health Hero Award!
The Larimer County Department of Health and Environment is taking nominations for the eighth Joseph Jabaily Public Health Hero Award. The Jabaily award was created by the Larimer County Board of Health in honor and in memory of Dr. Joseph Jabaily, a Loveland neurologist, community activist, volunteer and member of many boards in the county who died tragically after an accident in a charity bicycle race in summer of 2004.
The award honors an individual or group who has contributed in an extraordinary way to public health or has made an outstanding contribution to public health over Time.
Criteria for nominations are:
- Nominees must either live or work in Larimer County.
- Nominee does not need to be a public health professional (could be a judge, a volunteer, a teacher etc).
- Nominations can be either for an individual or a team effort.
- Nominee cannot be a current employee of the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment or a current Board of Health member.
- Nominations must be submitted in writing, either online or on a PDF file from the award website.
- Nominations are due by 5 PM on Friday, February 22, 2013.