Did You Know about these Weird Laws in Colorado?
In a state that went from requiring liquor stores to stay closed on Sundays to legalizing weed, it's worth exploring some laws we have in Colorado that just don't make a whole lot of sense.
Most of these are city laws, and I'm pleased to announce that I'm not aware of any in Northern Colorado. There are some we have to abide by statewide, though, to avoid being prosecuted, such as
- You can't mutilate a rock in a national park
- You can't ride a horse while drunk - which, by the way, a man was busted doing five years ago.
There is, however, one law that's contrary to some running jokes, that you may find beneficial:
- It is perfectly fine to rip tags off of pillows and mattresses.
Some doozies from Colorado towns are
- You can't drive a black car on Sunday.
- You can't lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor. (Two doors over? Sure! Sell it to your next-door neighbor? You betcha!)
- You can't own a chicken, but you can have up to three turkeys. (Dead OR alive??)
- You cannot grow a dandelion within city limits. (Even though they grow themselves.)
- If you let your cat run loose, it has to have a fitted tail light.
- And one fun law from Logan County: You can't kiss a woman while she's asleep. I don't want to know how this came about, but I think we can all guess.
Those are just some of my favorite dumb laws that exist in our state. Here are more. I hope you can somehow manage to keep your nose clean amidst all this "strict regulation!"