Colorado Barrel Racer Wins 2018 Rodeo 34 Award
A Colorado barrel racer has won the 2018 Rodeo 34 Award. Shali Lord of Lamar, Colorado will be recognized during the Mountain States Circuit Finals in Loveland on Saturday, October 27. A big thank you to Bobwire-S Photography for sharing the photographs!
This is the second year that the Greeley Stampede, Rooftop Rodeo Estes, and Larimer County Fair & PRCA Rodeo partnered to recognize one contestant from the combined rodeo series that earned the most points for the Rodeo 34 Award.
The alliance, named after the highway that connects the three rodeos, was created to help promote the sport of rodeo. Members from the three rodeo committees meet throughout the year to share information, cross promote and build stronger rodeo alliances. Points were given to the top ten contestants of each rodeo event at all three rodeos. The points were determined on placing with first place earning ten points through tenth place earning one point.
To be qualified for the award, contestants were required to compete in all three rodeos. The recipient of the Rodeo 34 Award, will receive a $3,000 gift card and a championship pure beaver custom cowboy hat courtesy of Greeley Hat Works valued at $1,650.
Rodeo 34 Top Ten
1. Shali Lord Barrel Racing - 21 points
2. Spencer Wright Saddle Bronc Riding - 19 points
3. Caleb Smidt Tie Down Roping - 19 points
4. Billy Bob Brown Team Roping - 19 points
5. Callum Miller Bull Riding - 16.5 points
6. Tracy Nowlin Barrel Racing - 16 points
7. Trever Nelson Steer Wrestling - 16 points
8. Dona Kay Rule Barrel Racing - 15 points
9. Jake Brown Bareback Riding - 14 points
10. Trell Etbauer Steer Wrestling - 13.5 points