I woke up at 7:30 on Sunday morning to what seemed like a dozen sirens down the street, and this would be why.

Poudre Fire Authority shared on Facebook that a house fire started just before 7:30 a.m. on Whedbee Street, and the cause, they say, was a cigarette. PFA rescued three people from the roof of the home, and thankfully, everyone made it out uninjured because the home had functioning smoke alarms.

PFA is reminding everyone to make sure your smoke alarms are working and have batteries. According to Allstate, smoke alarms usually only last about 10 years, so even if the batteries are new, you may need to update. This follows a deadly house fire in Fort Collins less than one week ago.

So, go check your alarms, and be safe!