Charley’s Favorite Things To Cook
Gourmet Chef I'm not, let's start there. What I do cook though are family favorites and my favorite comfort foods. Easy, fast and probably not very healthy!
Sink your teeth into these easy and in no way healthy meals...
- Triple Decker Grilled Cheese with a Fried Egg - Self explanatory. But you have to go big on this one. Do the regular grilled cheese and then flip it one more time with more cheese, a fried egg and another piece of bread. Good lord this one is good. Season your egg to your own liking; I won't tell you how to live your life.
- Lasagne - This one actually comes from our very own Brian Gary. When I became a single Dad over a decade ago, he knew how much I liked his lasagne so he passed on his secret, well guarded secret. To this day, it's one of my kid's favorite dishes. Thanks Briman!
- Chicken On a Stick - This is actually probably my kids favorite thing of all time, ever. I didn't have a picture so I used a grilled chicken (boring) pic. What I normally do is cut the chicken breasts into nice thick strips. Let them soak in your favorite Italian dressing for about 24 hours and then skewer. Place on a grill all in nice rows and flip constantly basting with melted butter (lots) and your favorite seasoning/barbecue sauce. Hey, who am I to tell you how to run your life!
- Crock-Pot Chili - My 'not even close to be being famous but good enough to come back for seconds and thirds' chili (or dogs) even brings in the neighbor kids.
- Deep Fried Burrito's - My fried burrito's are good enough to trick a sibling into looking the other way.
- Taco's - Our double-deck taco's define explanation. Much better when wrapped in foil and tossed in a fire pit with a tent and river nearby.
- Spaghetti - When you put some love into spaghetti, and roll it into burritos, you have a meal fit for a king.
What are some of your favorite easy to cook comfort foods around your house? Leave your comments below the story.
And hey, speaking of eating and cooking, join us for the Front Range Food Show coming up on Saturday November 9th at the Budweiser Events Center. Local chefs will be on hand showcasing some of their favorite items to make and even Chef James Tahhan will be on hand. If you have a love relationship with food, the Front Range Food Show is right up your alley.
Click on the big red link below for more information and happy eating