Celebrate Pi Day by Making a Tasty Strawberry Rhubarb Pie [RECIPE]
Today we not only celebrate my wedding anniversary but it is also Pi Day. I was so brilliant to get married on Pi Day. Today is 3/14 or Pi Day. Pi is the mathematical number 3.14159 representing the ratio of the circumference a circle to it's diameter. It is a number that goes on and on, like the love my wife and I share...that was pretty smooth huh?
I think the perfect way to celebrate Pi Day is by eating some pie. It seems to only be proper right? Get out there and grab yourself a slice of happiness today. There are so many delicious kinds of pie to indulge in. I love most of them but my personal favorite is strawberry rhubarb. Here is a simple recipe to help you make some tastiness for Pi Day. Enjoy!
Here is all you will need:
- Use a 9 inch pie plate and put a ready make crust in the bottom of it.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix 1/3 cup flour, 1 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp orange zest in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut up 2 1/2 cups rhubarb and 2 1/2 cups strawberries and mix them together.
- Spoon half of berries and rhubarb into the pie crust.
- Cover with half of the flour/sugar mixture then repeat.
- Dot the top of the pie fillings with a couple tbsp of butter and cover with other pie crust.
- Slit the crust and brush some milk over the crust to give it a good shine.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes then write me a thank you note.