Cat Lovers Unite Against Hairballs
There is nothing worse than waking up to a hairball at the bottom of the stairs or beside your bed, but how do you stop it? That is my question today, my Barley is driving me nuts.
I love my Barley so much, but this is getting old. He throws a hairball at least twice a week and it is out of hand.
I have heard from a lot of people on Facebook this morning and have some solutions:
- Daily Brushing
- Switching to a hairball formula cat food
- Get a dog (I have one of those too!) 😛
- Royal Canin (Samantha reports no hairballs since switching to this food)
- BB gun (I am un-friending you, Daniel) J/K but hey now!
- Cat Essentials Hairball Chews
- Natural home remedy: 1 raw egg (yolk only) and 1oz cod liver oil-use 1/4 tsp a day with a meal, remedy will last a week in fridge) Once hairballs are under control do this once every 7-10 days
It sounds like there are a lot more option than I thought, I hope if you have hairball problems these idea’s help you. I will start tonight with a combo of the suggestions, good luck to all.