Contact Us

Can Whistling Get You Suspended From School?

I have to admit that I don’t know everything…it’s true.  But I do have common sense and common sense tell me this is just plain wrong.It was brought to my attention today that a certain middle school in Greeley does not allow their students to whistle because it might be gang related.  I don’t know about you but this is the first time I have heard that gang whistling is taking over the country.  {If you know, please let the rest of us know}

The story goes that the school had an assembly awhile back and told all students that whistling was no longer allowed because it could be gang related.   So a 6th grade student today {who is obviously not even close to being or looking like a gang-banger} was expelled today, without warning, for whistling a happy Christmas song for 3 days.   Serious?  Imagine that…kids getting ready for Christmas break and happy.  Heaven forbid…there are exceptions to every rule in my opinion; and this is a good example of where a “warning” would have even been too much but would have been better than a 3-day suspension and good reason to revamp this insane new rule.

I may be old school but it’s really sad when 6th and 7th graders, at this school, are wearing ankle bracelets already.  Shouldn’t the school/s concentrate more on the actual problem at hand?  How about they deal with the 10% that are trouble so the other 90% can whistle at lunch or in the halls and not worry about being thrown out of school AND have to attend counseling.  Counseling?  For what? Being happy?  Sad day…

More From K99

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://k99.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on K99 – Colorado’s Best Country quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on K99 – Colorado’s Best Country quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!