Brian & Todd Part of 2013 Law Enforcement Torch Run For Special Olympics Today (Wednesday)
The Colorado Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics will be held today (Wednesday May 29th). The run will start at 7:00am north of Frederick CO and finishes at 2:00pm at Island Grove Regional Park in Greeley CO. From there will be a picnic/BBQ at Island Grove Regional Park from 2:00pm to 5:00pm . This year the Good Morning Guys will part of the torch run! Brian and I were proud to be asked to participate. We won't be running or even walking though. We will be driving the K99 Truck.
2013 Torch Run Route (Times approximate):
- 7:00 a.m. The Torch Run begins with Frederick and Firestone P.D. at Weld CR 13 and Weld CR 44, two miles south of Johnstown
- 7:30 a.m. Transition to Johnstown P.D. at Weld CR 13 and Highway 60
- 8:15 a.m. Transition to Milliken P.D. at Highway 60 near Weld CR 19
- 9:00 a.m. Transition to Weld County Sheriff’s Office at Weld CR 21 near the Mad Russian Golf Course
- 9:45 a.m. Weld County Sheriff’s Office arrives at Highway 257 and Highway 34 By-Pass
- 10:30 a.m. Transition to Greeley P.D. at 83rd Avenue and Highway 34 By-Pass (This is where Brian and Todd jump in!)
- 12:00 p.m.. Transition to Evans P.D. at 17th Avenue and Highway 34 By-Pass
- 12:30 p.m. Transition to UNC P.D. at 11th Avenue and Highway 34 By-Pass
- 1:00 p.m. Transition to DA/Probation/Parole at 8th Avenue and 16th Street
- 1:30 p.m. Transition to Eaton P.D. at 8th Avenue and 5th Street
- 1:50 p.m. Meet with Special Olympics Athletes for Multi-Agency run at 14th Ave. and 2nd Street – run northbound into Island Grove Regional Park (IGP) to large pavilion for after-run Multi-Agency picnic / BBQ.