Brian Gary Lists His Five Favorite Film Actors of All Time [VIDEO]
I have been a movie junkie for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a small town that had one theater. There were times, when a movie was very popular, that it would be the only thing showing in town for months at a time. You would see the "Held Over" sign in the theater window. I remember "Jaws" and "Star Wars" being held over for entire summers. I bet I saw those movies 6 or 7 times each in the theater. There were no other options growing up in a small, one theater screen town. It was there that I found my love of films.
There have been some amazing stars of the screen over my lifetime but I have chosen, what I consider to be my five favorite actors ever. This doesn't mean these guys are the greatest actors out there, but they are the ones who I will always watch if they are in a movie. I can count on them to entertain me no matter what. I give props to John Travolta, Kevin Costner, Will Smith, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Harrison Ford, Kurt Russell, Jeff Bridges and Mel Gibson who would make a larger list.
5. Sylvester Stallone - Many will scoff at this one but Rocky and Rambo are two of my favorite movie characters ever created. I have always enjoyed Sly so he definitely makes my list.
4. John Wayne - You cannot make a list of favorite actors and not include "The Duke".
3. Tom Hanks - He can make an even marginal movie worth watching. He has made some of the best movies of my generation.
2. Denzel Washington - I don't know that there has ever been a better actor. He can play the ultimate badass or a good guy you want to cheer for. This guy makes any movie, a great movie.
1. Clint Eastwood - This is not even a close one in my book. I have enjoyed every single film he has starred in or directed. Clint Eastwood is my movie hero. He is the Elvis of actors for me. I cannot wait to see the next movie he created which will be "Sully" and it happens to star Tom Hanks.