Best Fishing Spots in NOCO and Southern WY
It's been a while since I have actually fished, I can't stand worms, won't touch leeches and I always kill minnows. But my friend Rachel loves taking her family fishing, as I did when my curtain crawling apes were younger and she claims she has a list of the best fishing spots.
BEST FISHING SPOTS: (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
- Horsetooth Reservoir
- Douglas Reservoir
- Boyd Lake: Bass will likely be your best catch here, but catfish and walleye have been reported
- Lake Loveland
- Jumbo Reservoir: one of Colorado's premier Walleye Fisheries
- Lon Hagler
- Lake Granby: the Brown Trout are currently snacking on crawdads like a kid devours cotton candy!
- Lake Estes
- Glendo Reservoir: the Walleye are biting from boat and shore, anglers are trusting leeches, cranks and plastics to reel them in
- And Many smaller lakes and reservoirs in Southern WY
No matter where you go, when you pack up the family for a day of fishing there are few thing's that can compare. This is quality time that will generate memories for a life time. I hope this helps and thanks to My Rachel for the great info.