Believe Me Tebow-Maniacs; Peyton Manning is a Good Guy Too
4-time MVP Peyton Manning is the Denver Broncos new quarterback and that has Tim Tebow fans in an uproar. I understand. I love Tim Tebow too. I got his jersey for Christmas. I was ecstatic when he led the Broncos over the Steelers in the playoffs too. However, when you get a chance to get a get a future Hall-of-Famer on your team, you do it.
I know Tebow is a good person. That is part of why I love him. However, Peyton Manning is good guy too. That is one of the many reasons the fans in Indy loved him. He is a pretty good football player too.
- Most Valuable Player in the NFL 4 times
- Peyton Manning led the Colts to a Superbowl win and a 2nd AFC Championship.
- He took the team to the NFL Playoffs 9 straight years.
- Manning has been in the Pro Bowl 11 times.
- He has been the AFC Player of the Year 6 times.
- Manning has 50,000 yards passing and nearly 400 touchdowns in his career.
- He is considered among most experts as one of the top 5 best NFL quarterbacks of all time. Some say he is #1.
- Peyton Manning started his own charity, the Peyback Foundation, to help disadvantaged kids in Louisiana, Tennessee, and Indiana.
- 2005 – Walter Payton Man of the Year Award-The award is given annually by the National Football League honoring a player’s volunteer and charity work, as well as his excellence on the field
- 2005 – Byron “Whizzer” White Humanitarian Award – The award honors work in the community as the NFL player who best served his team, community and country in the spirit of Byron “Whizzer” White, who was a Supreme Court justice, professional football player, and humanitarian.
- On September, 2007, St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis renamed its children’s hospital to “Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent.” Manning and his wife made a donation of an undisclosed amount to St. Vincent’s and have had a relationship with the hospital since his arrival in Indianapolis.
- Peyton Manning is a member of the Red Cross Celebrity Cabinet