Are Neat Freaks Really Just Jealous of How You Live?
It’s almost like the woman telling the man, “I’m Fine”, when a neat freak tells you that they couldn’t live like you do. What this Organized neat freak means is, I’m so jealous. Or at least a few of them.
The difference between what you think they think and what they are probably thinking is key in having a healthy relationship with your friends with different ‘habits’ than you.
WHAT I’M REALLY THINKING ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS AND BEYOND:
- Instead of thinking that I can’t live they way you do, realize that I wish I could, it’s a life distraction to not be able to go to bed with dishes in the sink.
- “She probably thinks that I should have placed those magazines differently”, Look at it differently, she’s probably wondering why you have the latest Food Network Magazine already and she doesn’t
- When you think that she is upset that you don’t have matching wine glasses, she is more likely to be thinking “should I have brought wine,” She just wants to spend time with you
- If you’ve ever thought, I should have cleaned up more before she/they came over, they are happy that you didn’t go out of your way to make things ‘perfect’ and that you are relaxed, now you can just enjoy your time together
- And don’t think they are thinking they should have hosted your get together, they had such a good time, they’re thinking that they should bring more wine next time.
Having friends over should be fun and relaxing, don’t ever redo your whole house and living style because you think it will make them comfortable, just like most things in life, those who love us just want to be near us and laugh with us. Of course that doesn’t mean give up entirely on the house, laundry and vacuuming, but don’t sweat the small things. Also remember that a lot of neat freaks suffer from some degree of Obsessive- Compulsive Disorder, commonly referred to as OCD. and really, really wish they had your ‘control’ or the lack there of it.