17th Annual Catch A Special Thrill at Horsetooth – FREE Fishing Weekend
The 17th Annual Catch A Special Thrill at Horsetooth takes place Saturday morning. The day starts about 6:30 AM with boat inspections and if you don't have a fishing license or park pass, don't worry, you won't need one.
Boats for this special C.A.S.T. event are to be inspected by 6:30 a.m. and they will have coffee, juice, snacks on hand! The event ends about 1:00 p.m. but everyone is welcome to go back out and fish/boat all afternoon. Remember, NO PARK PASS OR FISHING LICENSE is necessary for Saturday June 1, 2013. Just bring your appetites and be ready to have a blast and the swim beach will be available to families for swimming and wading.
CAST Event Schedule
- 6:00 a.m. Kara arrives. Other committee members might arrive now, too. Mark gets gates unlocked. Most likely boat volunteers boaters will already be on site. The rest should be arriving and be in place by 6:45 a.m.
- 6:15 a.m. Non-boating Volunteers, including Radios, meet at Swim Beach for process and expectations introduction.
- 6:45 Kara and non-boating volunteers begin unloading equipment, registration set-up: includes some setting up long tables for registration stations: check-in, putting together rods and reels, sorting life vests by size, and loading tackle boxes.
- 7:00 ALL FISHERS BEGIN TO ARRIVE: Registration AND ALL BOAT LOADING begins.
- 7:45 Casting clinic volunteers set up casting clinic on Swim Beach
- 8:00 EMTs arrive
- 8:30 Registration closes. ALL BOATS ON WATER
- 9:30 Begin set up for lunch: includes moving and setting up tables, organizing give-away table and prizes, setting trash/recycling bins
- 10:30 ALL BOATS AND PONTOONS RETURN. Unloading begins.
- 11:00 Lunch begins
- 11:30 Awards presentation begins. Photographer in place
- 12:00 Event breakdown and clean-up